And now, apparently, the other is struggling to make it’s home beside it’s twin. Poor love is gnawing and waking and fussing, even as she giggles and play. Since a teething 6 month old is a new thing around here (her sisters didn’t get their chompers until 10 months), we’ve been pulling out all our most clever tricks to help make her less miserable.
What’s worked with some temporary:
- Hyland’s teething tablets (this combined with rescue remedy is actually quite effective)
- Chamomile tea soaked washcloths, chilled in the fridge
- diluted clove oil or vanilla extract on the gum
What may help, or at very least makes her look stylish:
- baltic amber teething necklace from a friend
- lots of breastfeeding
- lots of being worn in a pouch or mei tai close to mommy
- frozen banana slices
- chewing on a vibrating toothbrush ;OP
- gnawing cold carrots
- tylenol at night
- Big sweet sister’s sympathy and joking to distract her
Poor wee lovey boo. I think she’ll think it’s worth it someday when she gets to eat corn on the cob and Pink Lady apples. Until then, she looks rather suspicious, as if life is playing a mean, dirty trick on her. ;OP I have to confess I’ve had that fleeting feeling more than once at 3am lately. But that first four-toothed grin? Totally worth it.